Comment on page
Data Subject shall mean directors, shareholders, beneficiary owners, employees, authorized persons of the user where the user is an entity or itself where it is an individual.
Personal Data shall the meaning given to it in PDPA, as amended from time to time, and is “data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organization has or is likely to have access”, such as name, address, NRIC number, mobile number, email address, date of birth, gender, and financial information etc.
PDPA shall mean Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (as amended and replaced from time to time).
When you visit, access or use our Site, register for any account, sign-up for any of our newsletters or updates, enter into a subscription, Degame may collect:
- email address used to communicate with us via email;
- mobile or telephone number used to call with us over phone;
- information in relation to your use of our Site, including IP address, geographic location, and date and time of your request;
- information provided by the user to us on a voluntary basis, e.g., for registering with us or for survey or questionnaire purpose;
- financial information provided by the user for user syncing and information purposes only;
- information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data and cannot be used to identify individual persons;
- information in relation to the type of mobile device or tablet that you use to access or use our Site, Services or Updates;
- wallet address that you use to enable token swap functions made available via hyperlinks on our Site.
We use the collected Personal Data for the following purposes:
- (a) Information you provide to us directly when contacting us;
- (b) Information we receive from third parties, such as third-party service providers;
- (c) Information acquired by us during the course of our relationship and dealings with you;
- (d) Information collected through the use or access by you of our Site; and (e) Information gathered from publicly available sources.
Personal Data will be used by us for the following purposes and we may disclose the collected Personal Data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- (a) To maintain legal and regulatory compliance;
- (b) To enforce the conditions and terms of our Terms and other agreements;
- (c) Facilitating your access to and use of our Site, Services, Updates or any functionalities provided by third parties as made available on our Site.
- (d) Assessing and evaluating your eligibility for registering with us;
- (e) Registering you as a new user;
- (f) Performing obligations under or in connection with the provision of our services to you;
- (g) Managing your relationship with us;
- (h) Facilitating any proposed or confirmed merger, acquisition or business asset transaction involving any part of our organisation, or corporate restricting process;
- (i) Improving our products/services, marketing or customer relationships;
- (j) Receiving updates of our products/services, benefits, promotions and rewards through SMS, e-mail address and/or contact number you provided to us from time to time, regardless of your registration with the Do Not Call Registry;
- (k) recommending products or services which may be of interest to you; and
- (l) Facilitating our compliance with any laws, customs and regulations which may be applicable to us.
- (m) Ensuring the security of our Site, by trying to prevent unauthorized or malicious activities;
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter(including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you). We shall only process, use or disclose Personal Data:
- (a) Strictly for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations and providing the services required under our Terms;
- (b) With your prior written consent; or
- (c) When required by law or an order of court but shall notify you as soon as practicable.
We take care to allow Personal Information of Data Subject to be accessed only by those who really need to in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to share with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We will only share such information in the following circumstances:
- a) We may share Personal Information with third-party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud;
- b) We may share Personal Information with service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as bill collection, marketing, customer support and technology services;
- c) We may share Personal Information with companies or other entities that we plan to merge with or be acquired by;
- d) We may share Personal Information with companies or other entities where we are required to share such Personal Information pursuant to insolvency law in Singapore or in any other jurisdiction;
- e) We may share Personal Information with law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our Terms or any other agreements.
To safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of your Personal Data by us, and disclosing Personal Data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your Personal Information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
We generally do not transfer Customer Personal Data to countries outside of Singapore. However, some of our service providers, including other companies which form part of the wider “L2Y Group”, may store, transfer, and otherwise process your Personal Information outside Singapore. You hereby agree and consent to the aforementioned transfer, on the understanding that the recipients of such Personal Data are also subject to Applicable Laws, or contractual obligations similar to the obligations as set out in the PDPA.
If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your Personal Data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your Personal Data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to [email protected].
Please note that there is no administrative fees or other charges levied for any such request. However, a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request depending on your request as time and resources will be spent in accommodating your requests. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request. We will respond to your access request as soon as reasonably possible. If we are unable to provide you with any Personal Data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
The consent will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You can at any time withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure, and/or processing of your Personal Data that have been given to us in writing or via email at [email protected]. Upon your withdrawal, we will cease collecting, using or disclosing the Personal Data within a reasonable period permitted by the Applicable Law, as the case may be, unless the collection, use or disclosure of the Personal Data without consent is required or authorised under the PDPA or any other laws.
please note that any such withdrawal of consent may result in us being unable to continue providing our Services or fulfilling our contractual obligations with you, including but not limited to termination of your access to our Site, inability to transact or complete an ongoing transaction started via our Site, cancellation of any engaged services, scheduled Updates’ delivery, purchased products or services, enrolled events, and thereby all deliverables that would have been provided thereunder, any benefits that would otherwise have been available to you, inability to access your status and logs that would be otherwise reflected in your registered account with us, cessation of your access to our Site, Services and all Site Content as well as other features thereto, inability to provide you with the opportunity to participate in promotions, inability to fulfil any request for information or regular Updates that you may have submitted to our Company, inability to allow your participating in any requested event or listing, fulfill any purchase orders, and potentially inability of third parties to provide you with their services or products as you might have contracted with them through our Site or Services, regardless of whether you have made payment for such engagements, enrollments, services or products. Accordingly, your withdrawal of consent may also lead to the termination of any contract(s) that you may have with Degame, as well as termination of any contracts with any third parties you may have engaged with through our Site, Degame or our Services, for which Degame expressly reserves its rights and remedies thereto. For further legal consequences, you may contact us at [email protected] to ensure whether you would like to proceed to withdraw your consent.
We generally rely on Personal Data provided by you (or your Authorised Representative). In order to ensure that Personal Data provided by you is current, complete and accurate, you warrant that the Personal Data that you provide to us is accurate, and that all Personal Data as may be relevant for that particular purpose/circumstance has been provided. In the event of any changes or updates to your Personal Data, you undertake to promptly inform us in writing of such changes via email at [email protected], failing which we shall not be responsible for any consequences thereto (including but not limited to your non-receipt of communications sent by us, or your inability to access our Site or Updates).
We respect your choices related to the channels via which you wish to receive our Updates. Therefore, Where you have registered your telephone and/or fax number with the Do-Not-Call Registries in relation to telephone calls, text or fax messages, we will not send you any Updates via the channels that you have opted out of by registering with the Do-Not-Call Registries. However, if you have previously consented to us to send you Updates via your telephone number (calls or text messages) and/or facsimile number, we will continue doing so until you withdraw your consent by contacting via our email at [email protected].
As stipulated in the clause 5 of TOU, our Services are only available for users who are 18 or older and fully eligible in accordance with any Applicable Laws to which the users may be subject. As such, if you are below 18, please terminate all access to our Sites and Services immediately. We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to demand at any time evidence for our review to verify that you are above 18 years of age. In the event that you are under 18 years of age, or we reasonably suspect that you are under 18 years of age and you are unable to prove otherwise, all your use of our Services, Site, account registrations, subscriptions and purchases with or through us (if any) shall be immediately terminated and no refunds of any kind shall be provided to you.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from minors, however, through the internet, we are not able to ascertain on our end whether such individuals are minors. It is thus the responsibility of parents or guardians to ensure that their minors do not access or use our Site or Services, enroll for any of our events, download or access our related applications, email us, or provide us with Personal Data without their parental/guardian's consent. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her minor has accessed our Sites or provided us with Personal Data without his/her consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] promptly.
Our Ad Partners may also use web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs) from time to time. These web beacons are provided by our Ad Partners to enable them to obtain information, for example, the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the Ad Partners. Web beacons enable our Ad Partners to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Site.
With both cookies and web beacon technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, geographic location, telephone number, or e-mail address. You can opt-out of Google Analytics data collection with the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. You may also wish to refer to this website for additional information about disabling cookies from your browser: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
As mentioned in Clause 10 of our TOU, Degame may have links on our Site, Services and Updates to third parties’ websites including links to affiliated third parties, which are governed by their own privacy policies. Degame strongly encourages you to read and understand such privacy policies before you use any of their services, products and access to their websites. Degame is not responsible for the privacy policies or data security of such third party websites, even if they are Affiliate Links, co-branded with Degame’s name or logo, or our Site. You agree and acknowledge that you are solely and fully responsible and liable for any acts or omissions or any loss or damage that you may suffer due to your use or access of such third-party websites.
You agree and acknowledge that your information including but not limited to your Personal Data may be collected by affiliated third parties if you take any actions including clicking on an Affiliated Link and/or subscribing for any services and/or products from such affiliated third parties.
You agree and acknowledge that the association of our Site, Services, Products or Updates with the Social Media Sites makes available certain features when you use them may result in information being made available from your accounts with the Social Media Sites to Degame. Such information which we collect about you shall constitute public information that is available in the general domain because such information was made publicly available by the Social Media Sites. Should you prefer that we do not collect your information from the Social Media Sites, please (i) do not use the features or links that associates our Site, Services, Products, and/or Updates with the Social Media Sites; and (ii) adjust the settings in your accounts with the Social Media Sites to prevent the sharing of your information with our Site. Please note that Degame is unable to control nor is Degame howsoever responsible for the sharing of your information by the Social Media Sites with third parties.
On our Site, Services, Products or Updates, you may be able to use the “like” feature or similar functions provided by Social Media Sites. When you “like” our Site, Services, content, products, and/or Updates or information about our Site or Services, our products and services will be made known to your network within your Social Media Sites’ accounts via a variety of methods employed by the relevant Social Media Site. Your information may also be made known alongside with our services, products or services that you have liked pursuant to the methods/channels made available by Social Media Sites in relation to such features. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please instruct the relevant Social Media Site or adjust your account settings with the Social Media Site. Degame is not obliged to display on our Site or any related webpages any of your information, including but not limited to your photo or name, even if you “like” our Site, our Services, and products. Please note that Degame at its sole discretion removes your information, product or service endorsements from our Site or any related webpages if any of such information, product or service endorsements appear on our Site or any related webpages.